Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I saw Monsters Vs. Aliens in 3D. And I liked it.

I recently partook in the madness that is Monsters Vs. Aliens 3D. I will go ahead and say that I'm not a big DreamWorks fan. If I never have to see anything relating to Shrek again I will be happy. I'm not charmed by the cast of Madagascar dancing around to "I Like to Move It". I know tons of people thought that MVA was a pile of poo with no plot or character development, but I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked the look of the main characters and I bought Susan's storyline (however thin). I thought her transformation from wallflower to heroine was believeable and touching. I did! All of the main characters were well cast and there were some genuinely funny moments in the film. There were also some jokes that completely bombed, and I wish there had been more nods to classic sci-fi/monster movies but overall I thought it was pretty, pretty, pretty good. I'd also reccomend reading Jessica Winter's review in Slate.

No comments:

Post a Comment